Sniper I and II Courses/Designated Marksman 1 Course (DDM1)
Experience the best sniper training and tactical precision rifle techniques taught anywhere! Learn to apply precision shooting skills under any all conditions, placing emphasis on how to fight with a sniper rifle instead of simply shooting bulls eyes. For experienced shooters, this enhances, reinforces and tests on demand shooting & mental skills.
This is the foundational sniper course on which other courses rely and is, therefore, a prerequisite for some of our sniper courses.
This course is offered along with the follow on Advanced Sniper and Sniper Instructor Development courses.
Anybody with an interest in furthering their rifle shooting skills
- Scoped rifle 223 SPR to 300WM: 308/6.5 recommended, mildot scope, rentals available, 100 rounds per day (match ammo)
- Shooting mat, sand sock, weapons cleaning kit
- Note-taking gear (pad and pencil)
- Eye and Ear Protection (recommended electronic hearing protection)
(4) Full day course teaching and applying:
- Appropriate rifle and optics
- Appropriate ammo
- Three types of ballistics
- Establishing a DOPE for further engagements
- Utilizing a ballistic chart
- Effects on the round
- Effective abilities of shooter and weapon
- Range estimation
- Shooting positions
- Selecting and setting into a position
- Target engagement multiple ranges
- Long ranges target acquisition
- Final exercise